Saturday, April 01, 2006

Interesting Music Blog

Do you still own a turntable? Or maybe I should ask: Did you ever own a turntable? What, you don't even know what a turntable is? Well ok, way back in the last century, CDs, MP3s, home computers didn't even exist, but people were already listening to recorded music. They used big discs, the so-called vinyl records, turning at 33 or 45 rpm that were read by a needle and electrically amplified by the above mentioned turntable.

Anyway, some people still have vinyl records and one of these folks is presenting them here. By the way, his name is Carl.

4 comments:

Odd Mix said...

Yes, I had a turntable. No I don't have one anymore, but somewhere in a box I still have those glosy black disks.

Me, Not You said...

Although I no longer own a turntalbe, I do still have a few "albums" lying around here somewhere.

I also wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciated you suggestion.

Colcam said...

I did have one last century - Gee that sounds strange, as if it were 100 years ago - but it's gone now.

All my vinyl albums are long gone, but I still have a pile of singles here with nothing to play them on. Don't know why I kept them really.

Even my CD collection seems a bit dated now. They sit gathering dust, never used, because everything is on iTunes.

Sad really.

Colcam said...

And by the way, I still believe vinyl had a nicer sound than CDs somehow. Less harsh.